Course Creator // Functional Medicine for Nurses
Brigitte has always had a passion for patient empowerment, education, and healing. After eight years as a critical care float nurse, Brigitte attended Georgetown University and became a family nurse practitioner. During her four years as a primary care provider, she began studying functional medicine, and became a board certified menopause practitioner & nurse coach (through INCA). Currently, she has a functional medicine consulting practice and teaches nursing students.
In her practice, she combines her training in functional medicine with her nurse coaching skills to help clients make real, positive changes towards a happier and healthier life. She has studied functional medicine through the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) & School of Applied Functional Medicine (SAFM). She is also completing her doctorate of nursing (DNP) through Washington State University.
Summary of Education
- Georgetown University- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Washington State University- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- School of Applied Functional Medicine
- Integrative Nurse Coach™ Certificate Program
- AANP Family Nurse Practitioner board certification
- North American Menopause Society (NAMS) board certification
- AHNA Holistic Nurse Coaching board certification
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) member
- North American Menopause Society (NAMS) member
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) member
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) member