The priority of all coaches is to facilitate behavioral change that corresponds to a healthy lifestyle and wellbeing.
A main difference between a Nurse Health Coach and a Wellness Coaches is that nurses bring a different level of education, training, and experience to the relationship.
Nurse Health Coaches are not only capable of working with clients to establish an optimal level of living but facilitate clients to overcome barriers that lead to establishing improved long-term health outcomes. Integrative Nurse Coaches use complementary and reflective modalities in their sessions with clients and establish individualized health plans. Some examples of the dimensions that an Integrative Nurse Coach
may work in:
- Life Balance and Satisfaction- lifestyle changes for wellbeing
- Mental and Emotional – stress management
- Physical – exercise and weight management
- Healthy nutrition choices
- Environmental awareness
- Health Responsibility – managing chronic conditions
- Lifestyle change for habitual habits